If you believe that material available on our site, infringes on your copyright(s), please notify us by providing a DMCA notice. Upon receipt of a valid and complete notice, we will remove the material and make a good faith attempt to contact the user who uploaded the material by email.
Please note that we are unable to process DMCA notices that refer to sites hosted on third party servers.
Tidings is a digital media communications platform where businesses often use copyrighted materials in commentary or transform the materials into something original of their own. As such, before submitting a DMCA notice, it’s important to consider if the manner in which the material is used falls under fair use. If you are not sure whether material located on Tidings infringes your copyright, or if it is subject to fair use protections, you should first consider seeking legal advice.
Please be advised that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing.
Your DMCA notice will be forwarded to the party that made the material available, and also may be sent to third parties such as LumenDatabase.org. A note will also be placed in the account of the Tidings user in question detailing the name of the copyright holder who submitted the takedown notice. In addition, you are required to consider the possible fair use implications, as a result of Lenz v. Universal. We reserve the right to challenge abuses of the DMCA process, and your use of this form does not waive that right.
To file a DMCA notice, send your complaint to our designated agent with the information below.
As required by the DMCA, we have a policy to terminate users and/or sites that we consider to be repeat infringers. Although we won’t share the specifics of our repeat infringer policy (we don’t want anyone to game the system, after all), we believe that it strikes the right balance of protecting the rights of copyright owners as well as protecting legitimate users from wrongful termination. Please note that notices that are successfully countered, rejected on fair use grounds, or deemed to be fraudulent are not counted against a user or site.
To file your DMCA Notice with Tidings
You can email us at abuse [at] tidings [dot] com (we prefer email), or send your complaint to:
Tidings Company LLC
1982 SE 30th Ave
Portland OR 97214
You must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- An identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the nature and exact location of the material that you claim to infringe your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit Tidings to find and positively identify that material. For example we require a link to the specific communication from a Tidings user that contains the material and a description of which specific portion of the blog post – an image, a link, the text, etc. your complaint refers to;
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
This notice is adapted from that of Automattic, published under Creative Commons Sharealike License.